Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

1:49-4:55pm

I arrived at Avalon Animal Hospital at 1:49pm.  They had just finished a spaying surgery and told me how it was pretty difficult since the dog was older, this made her cords more slippery.  Since her cords were slippery the knot wouldn't hold as well.  Eventually the surgery finished and as I arrived they were waking the dog up; she was a bit stand offish.  The first appointment I observed had a very shy dog.  The dog was trembling the whole time.  She only needed some shots and then the appointment was done.  The second dog we saw was a bit more aggressive.  The dog's ears hurt and so she would snap and bite at anyone who tried to touch them, she would not even let the vets put a muzzle on her.  The dog was eventually sent home with some drugs that would help her relax for her next appointment so a muzzle could be put on at that appointment.  Next, a cat came in for a regular appointment.  Then, a blind, diabetic chocolate labrador came in.  His eye was a little infected so it got checked out.  We then checked out a little black kitten.  A test was done on the kitten that unfortunately came back saying the cat was positive for leukemia.  We ended the day with a regular appointment from a yellow lab.  It was so nice and loved to be pet!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great senior project, Allegra! I'll be checking in on your blog to see what you're up to! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing worse that a big, blind, diabetic dog. I see my future!!!
    Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete