I arrived at Avalon and an exciting morning began! I first saw the mother cat. She had to get the rest of the stitches out of her stump of a right-back-leg. She was hissing the entire time; it looked painful. The stitches and the scabs over them had to be taken out and off so that the scar tissue underneath could heal better. Next, I observed a cat neuter. I think cat neuters creep me out the most because they look the most painful, even though they really are not. First, the hair on the male cat's testicles has to be pulled out (not shaved because they will get razor burn); then the vet makes an incision on the sack and just pulls the testes out, and ties off! It is really odd to watch! Then, we had a dog spaying. It was a little difficult since the dog was in heat. This causes the ovaries to be engorged and more fragile. It all turned out okay, but the smell of the dog's insides was burning my nose. A day full of surgeries... it was really cool.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment