Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, May 4th, 2009

1:30-4:30pm

Today my senior project officially began and I left at around 1:00pm to reach the Avalon Animal Hospital.  I met with Kristi, the vet I would be somewhat shadowing.  I also met Ronda and Rebecca who also work at Avalon.  I got a tour of Avalon and then was shown a bit about the files on the animals.  I was able to observe pet appointments, including taking out the stitches in a dog from a previous appointment.  I hung out a lot and got used to be around a vet.  I learned about dog breeds as well as Heart-worm disease and Lime disease, which are prominent in this season.  I am excited to go back and learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Allegra, I'm excited you're on your on your way and learning and doing with animals on sr. project. I also can't believe senior spring is finally here and you're starting the transition... I'll be following your daily reports with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very interested in your choice of senior project - have you always been interested in working with animals?

    ReplyDelete